Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I started fight, sez pal of hammer vic

By Scott Shifrel
Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 4:00 AM
Related News
Articles
Charged in attack with hammer on teen, deli worker points to recent bodega murders
A teen whose pal was critically injured when a Brooklyn bodega clerk hit him in the head with a hammer last year admitted to jurors Monday that he helped sparked the melee.
Joshua Bloomfield, 16, went behind the counter to confront another clerk who said something about his mother, he told jurors in Brooklyn Supreme Court.
"I went back there and said what I had to say to him," said Bloomfield, later adding that he pleaded guilty in family court to assault in connection with the April 13, 2008, fracas.
"He put his hands on me - I grabbed him back."
The clerk then punched him, Bloomfield punched back and within seconds the clerk was threatening him with a knife and a 2-foot long stick, the youth testified. Another clerk,
Salah Ahmed, 36, is charged with running out of a backroom of the East New York bodega and hitting Bloomfield's friend Bunkless Bovian in the head with a hammer.
"I heard Bunkless get hit, I heard him make a sound," Bloomfield said, adding that his friend walked outside before collapsing

No comments: