Friday, March 05, 2010

A meeting at Sylvia's

March 04, 2010

By Ben Smith POLITICO

Al Sharpton convened a meeting at the Harlem restaurant Sylvia's tonight at 8:30, where New York's black politicians are expected to discuss David Paterson's political future.
I ran into Sharpton just now, and asked him what he makes of the group's opinion.
"There's some for, some against, and where they'll fall I have no idea," he said. "I'm trying to stay neutral."
The fastest way out for Paterson will be if his last bulwark, senior black leaders, collapses. Everyone in the state is discussing his resignation in the light of a new report that he lied about free Yankee tickets, amid senior staff resignations, and amid a broad concern he can't govern.
The other source of chatter among New York pols: Who would be the Lieutenant Governor if the appointed officeholder, Richard Ravitch, ascends.
Sharpton ruled himself out.
"I didn't go national to come back to some local office," he said. "The downside isn't that I'd have to run. The downside is that I'd have to do it.
Categories: New York-Politico.com
--
http://davidsradiotv2000.blogspot.com/

No comments: